We say buh-bye to the cold weather as the local-branded smartphone and tablet wars are heating up the second month of 2014!
Starmobile is one brand not to be pushed around these days as they continue to churn out stunning smartphone models such as the Diamond X1. They are the first local brand to introduce a smartphone with MediaTek’s Octa-Core processor that promises both power and efficiency.
They sent us an infographic of the Diamond X1’s specs but let me just mention some of the Diamond X1’s notable features:
- 1.7 GHz Octa-Core MTK 6592 processor
- 6-inch Capacitive Screen (Scratch Resistant OGS) HD 720 x 1280 pixels
- 8 GB Internal Storage, Expandable up to 64GB Micro SD Card, 2GB RAM
- 18 Megapixel Camera with BSI (Main), 8 Megapixels with BSI (Front)
- 2,300 mAh Battery Capacity
- Android JellyBean
The Starmobile Diamond X1 is now available in the market and has an SRP of Php 13,990.00.
On to their newest tablet, the Starmobile Engage 9i also packs a lot of promising features. Let’s highlight some of them:
- Intel Atom Z2580 2GH Dual-Core processor with Hyper-Threading Technology
- 8.9″ IPS Display WUXGA 1920 x 1200 pixels
- 16GB Internal Storage, expandable up to 32GB Micro SD Card, 2GB RAM
- 5 Megapixels Camera (Main), 2 Megapixels Camera (Front)
- 6500 mAh Li-Ion
Like CloudFone, Starmobile has also partnered with Intel Philippines to power their high-end range of tablets. And like the CloudPad 800W, Starmobile is branding the Engage 9i as “the FIRST and ONLY 9-inch tablet from a local brand with the new Intel Atom Z2580 chipset and processor.” So my question is, who really is the first to come up with an Intel-powered Android tablet?
Anyway, based on the first infographic that was sent last week, the SRP of the Engage 9i was Php 9,990.00. However, I received an updated Infographic (GPS as an addendum), the SRP was left blank. We’ll get an update from our friends in Starmobile about the final SRP.