The announcement we’ve been waiting is finally here! Sony announced today that the PlayStation 5 will be launched in the Philippines on December 11, 2020. Announced for the first time last June, the PS5 is the fifth iteration of the popular gaming console which was first introduced in the 90s. This is definitely the perfect Christmas gift for PlayStation fans whether upgrading from a PlayStation 4 or buying the gaming console for the first time. The PS5 with an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive will be available for a retail price of P27,990.
Popular titles such as Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and Demon’s Souls represent the best lineup in PlayStation history. Exclusive titles from Sony Interactive Entertainment Worldwide Studios will be priced at launch from P2,490 to P3,490 on the PS5.
Sony Interactive Entertainment also announced the prices for the following accessories that will launch alongside the PS5 console:
- DualSense Wireless Controller (standalone) – P3,990
- PULSE 3D wireless headset – with 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones P5,590
- HD Camera – with dual 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments P3,290
- DualSense Charging Station – to conveniently charge two DualSense Wireless Controllers P1,690
Meanwhile, here are the games that you can buy and play with your brand new PlayStation 5:
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – P3,490 (SRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – P2,490 (SRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – P3,490 (SRP)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – P2,990 (SRP)
The Sony PlayStation 5 comes with 825GB and GDDR6 16GB of memory. It is powered by an AMD Ryzen Zen2 architecture with a Radeon GPU.
For more information about the Sony PlayStation 5, please visit this link: https://www.playstation.com/ps5