It is quite unusual for Sony to announce their newest products this early, but that’s fine with us as we’re excited to see them anyway!
The new Sony Xperia smartphones including the much talked about Xperia Z2 were officially launched by Sony Philippines. Six new phone models, an Xperia Z2 Tablet, and the new SmartBand wearable device are expected to be available to the Philippine starting this month. Let’s have a closer look at them.
The Sony Xperia E1 is the Japanese brand’s phone model positioned to the local entry level to mid-range segment. Sony’s Walkman technology is incorporated into this smartphone and should appeal to music lovers.
- 100 Db speaker produces a louder, cleaner sound.
- 4.0-inch display
- Walkman apps
- 3 Megapixel Camera
- 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Dual-Core Snapdragon processor
- SRP: Php 6,590 (Single SIM) Php 7,490 (Dual-SIM)
- Availability: March 2014
Sony Xperia M2 not only claims to be the world’s slimmest 4G smartphone in its class, but also Sony’s most affordable LTE handset.
- 4.8-inch qHD Display
- NFC One Touch
- 8 Megapixel Camera
- 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Quad-Core Snapdragon processor
- SRP: Php 14,190
- Availability: mid-May 2014
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra is easily recognizable with its large 6-inch HD Triluminos display. Is it almost the price of the Sony Xperia Z Ultra?
- 6-inch 720p HD Display
- 13 Megapixel Camera
- 1.4 GHz Qualcomm Quad-Core Snapdragon processor
- SRP: Php 18,990
- Availability: 3rd week of April 2014
The little brother of the Sony Xperia Z1 is finally here and in the flesh. Flagship phones with mini counterparts are en vogue nowadays and Sony is taking that route with the announcement of the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact.
- 4.3″ 720p HD IPS Display
- 20.7 Megapixel Camera
- 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Quad-Core Snapdragon processor
- Waterproof IP55 IP58
- 2300 mAh battery
- SRP: Php 25,490
- Availability: last week of March 2014
Before I move to the Xperia Z2, here’s the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet. Holding the Z2 Tablet is very lightweight you have to hold it to believe it. It happens to be the lightest waterproof tablet too.
- World’s slimmest and lightest waterproof tablet for ultimate portability
- World’s first tablet display with Live Colour LED
- World’s fastest processor in a tablet featuring the Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- World’s first Digital Noise Cancelling technology in a tablet.
- SRP: Php 33,190 (with LTE)
- Availability: mid-April 2014
And now, the newest flagship of the Sony Xperia line of smartphones, the Xperia Z2.
The Xperia Z2 is introduced as Sony’s latest premium waterproof smartphone that combines its best display, sound, camera, and camcorder experience. Equipped with a 20.7 Megapixel camera and 4k video recording capabilities, the smartphone captures images and footages in high definition and showcases every detail in the sharpest, most vivid colors in a stunning 5.2-inch display.
- 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Quad-Core Krait Snapdragon processor
- 16GB Internal Storage, expandable with a Micro SD Card up to 128GB; 3GB RAM
- 5.2″ Full HD TRILUMINOS Display for mobile with Live Colour LED
- 20.7 Megapixel Camera with camera technologies like G Lens
- World’s first Digital Noise Canceling Technology in a smartphone
- SRP: Php 33,990
- Color Availability: Black, White and Purple
- Availability: May 2014
The Sony SmartBand is a 24/7 wearable device to keep track of the user’s day-to-day activities, whether while asleep or even while taking a shower! SmartBand owners just need to download the Lifelog app from Google Play on their Sony Xperia Z2. At the end of the day, SmartBand users can check all their logged activities – from places visited, music listened to, images captured, games played, books read, basically almost everything through the Lifelog app.
- SRP: Php 4,290
- Color Availability: Classic Pack (Black, Blue, Brown) Active Pack (White, Baby Pink, Green), Fashion Pack (Royal Blue, Yellow, Hot Pink)
- Availability: May 2014
With all these products announced, I am so much tempted to buy a Sony Xperia Z2 and a Sony SmartBand. By the way, Smart Communications will carry the Sony Xperia Z2. No news about the postpaid plans and availability yet, but please do follow @SMARTCares on Twitter or Smart Communications on Facebook to get the latest news. Dammit! I knew I should have not claimed my early retention to get an iPhone 5s!
Hopefully I’ll be able to get a few review units from Sony Philippines for evaluation, but looking at these pictures makes me wanna scream like a spoil brat and say “I WANT ALL OF THEM! NOW NA!”