With the new XT series AMD processors on the horizon; MSI has released optimized AMD Combo PI BIOS updates for AMD 300, 400, and 500 series motherboards. The Combo PI V1 18.104.22.168 and Combo PI V2 22.214.171.124 BIOS are released, and are available for download. The upcoming AMD Ryzen XT processors are: Ryzen 9 3900XT, Ryzen 7 3800XT and Ryzen 5 3600XT.
Here are details regarding what these AMD Combo PI BIOS update fixes or upgrades to the motherboard:
- Support discrete graphics card identification, allowing users to successfully enter OS with AM4 CPU (w/o integrated graphics) and without graphics card installed.
- Solve compatibility issues between the graphics card and USB sound card.
- Optimize the functionality of A-XMP Memory.
- Optimize the BIOS function – Memory Try It!
- And optimization of FCH BCLK-related functions.
- More detailed information; like the motherboard models and date of Combo PI V1 126.96.36.199 / Combo PI V2 188.8.131.52 release are found in this blog.
- The image below shows the release roadmap for the Combo PI BIOS for each motherboard series.
Steps in Updating your BIOS
In order to update your BIOS on your own, here are instructions on how to perform it. A video from MSI is included as well for reference.*
- Installation of CPU/DDR/Graphics Card are no longer required.
- Attach the 24-pin and CPU Power (4pin/8pin/12pin) to the motherboard.
- Insert USB drive with Combo PI Bios file.
- Press the Flash BIOS/Hotkey Button.
*Now if the motherboard does not come with the Flash BIOS Button, you will have to attach the CPU/RAM/GPU in order go into the BIOs to perform the update.