After watching the announcement of the iPhone 7 a few hours ago, I am now very sure to get an iPhone 7 for myself this time. To make it easier for everyone to digest these new info, here’s my list of features that will make you upgrade to the new iPhone!
- Water Resistant – FINALLY!!! We’ve seen Samsung and Sony come up with their flagship models that can be splashed with water. Apple made their new iPhones IP67 certified, which means they’re water and and dust resistant. With this certification, the iPhone 7 can be submerged in water less than a meter deep for 30 minutes.
- Camera – Apple retained the 12 Megapixel shooter but made its aperture larger to f/1.8 and added OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) as well. The larger aperture will let more light come in to the camera and lets you avoid using the iPhone’s flash to take photos. But if you want to use the flash, the new iPhone now has a Quad-LED True Tone flash that is 50% brighter than the previous Dual-LED version.
The iPhone 7 Plus on the other hand now has a dual-camera with 12 Megapixels each. The first camera is similar to the iPhone 7 while the second camera has a telephoto lens with 2x Optical Zoom and 10x Digital Zoom. You can make artistic depth-of-field shots similar to what SLRs and DSLRs can do.
- Stereo Speakers – This is a feature that is quite rare to find in smartphones even in previous years. The stereo speakers are found on the top and bottom of the new iPhone, and is twice the volume of the previous speakers. I can imagine myself listening to Apple Music or watching streaming videos on iflix or Netflix with stereo-sound quality.
- Earpods with Lightning Connector – I’m pretty sure not everyone will sit well with the removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack. Don’t worry, Apple is aware that most people prefer using their favorite headphones with their iPhones so they included a lightning-to-3.5mm headphone adapter.
But what’s really exciting in terms of earphones is the new Apple Airpods. The Airpods are not just wireless earphones, they’re a TRUE PAIR OF WIRELESS EARPHONES. More on these on another blog post.
- Super Mario!!! – Definitely a surprise!
Apple partnered with Nintendo to bring Super Mario to iOS. It’s not the same though as the Super Mario games we’ve played in Nintendo consoles, but hey, this is Super Mario!!!
- Longer Battery Life – I’m happy with my previous iPhone 6s Plus’ battery life so I’m expecting that the iPhone 7 Plus will be longer. Sadly, Apple didn’t reveal the battery capacity of the new iPhones.
- Black and Jet Black – Black is Back! I miss the black color of the iPhones and I am so glad that they’ve brought it back.
The difference between Black and Jet Black is the former has a matte finishing while Jet Black is the glossy type. Take note that the Jet Black color is only available for the higher storage variants.
- Larger Storage Variants – Goodbye 16GB!!! I mentioned years ago that Apple should scrap the 16GB version because honestly, it wouldn’t cut it anymore with the large amount of storage space these iOS apps are requiring. Storage capacities are now available in 32GB, 128GB and 256GB.
As of the moment, Apple announced that the pricing of the iPhone 7 will be priced starting at $649 and the iPhone 7 Plus starting at $769. Damn. I can’t wait to own one!