HyperX announced their new products in the recently concluded CES 2020 in Las Vegas. There are quite a number of new HyperX CES 2020 products, so I’ll split them based on their respective platform. The following are the new PC peripherals announced this year:
- HyperX Cloud Flight S: As a follow up to the original HyperX Cloud Flight, the S model features an operating time of roughly 30 hours on a single charge. It has Qi wireless charging support as well, removing our need to plug a wire to charge. A rotating ear cup design (90 degrees) allows storage. The closed cup design that ensures we would not hear outside noise. It has a 50mm sound driver and 7.1 surround sound to provide us clear audio. A wireless signal of 2.4GHz, gives us a relatively wide range when away from the connected device. A detachable microphone with LED mute indicator is included in the package. It is supported by the HyperX NGENUITY software for PC, and is also compatible with PS4 and PS4 Pro.
- HyperX Alloy Origins Gaming Keyboard: Built on an brushed aluminum body and equipped with HyperX Aqua Mechanical switches, the Alloy Origins Gaming Keyboard is made for durability, stability and performance. It also has RGB backlit keys that provides better illumination and effects. A space saving layout makes it compact enough to give more space for mouse travel while retaining full size keys. Full N-Key rollover and 100% anti-ghosting comes as standard features too. It comes with a detachable Type C to USB cable making it easy to carry. Under the HyperX NGENUITY software, users can customize the keyboard’s illumination effects (per key) and be able to store up to three user profiles using its onboard memory.
- HyperX Pulsefire Raid Gaming Mouse: This RGB gaming mouse is designed for MMO/MOBA/Battle Royale gamers needing additional keys for executing commands quickly. In total there are 11 programmable buttons, has a Pixart 3389 sensor for improved accuracy and quicker response time with user defined sensitivity of up to 16,000 DPI. Its left and right buttons are Omron switches ensuring durability of up to 20 million clicks. It can be configured using the HyperX NGENUITY software to change DPI, Button assignments and RGB lighting effects.
- HyperX Fury Ultra: This mouse pad has a textured hard surface build with an anti-slip rubberized base to allow the best possible performance while playing. On top of this, it has a programmable RGB LED lighting around the mouse pad (and a light bar) that is tied to the HyperX NGENUITY software.
Now for the hardware announcement:
- HyperX Fury DDR4 and DDR4 RGB: The HyperX Fury DDR4 RAM modules are high performance memory upgrades that are friendly on the pocket, and is fully compatible with Intel and AMD’s newest platforms. These RAM modules have Intel XMP and XMP Ready profiles, and what is more, it is fully compatible with AMD’s Ryzen 3. The latest versions now have speeds of 3600MHz and 3733MHz, single stick modules of 8GB and 16GB, as well as memory kits of up to 64GB.
- HyperX Impact DDR4 SODIMM (new memory size): This line of HyperX memory enables better performance for laptops. Impact series DDR4 comes with a Plug N Play feature for automatic overclocking on laptops (up to the maximum speed the hardware is allowed to). Similar to the larger Fury series, it is XMP ready and fully compatible with AMD Ryzen 3. It can be bought as a single 32GB module or a 64GB kit.
And finally, announcements for console peripherals:
- HyperX ChargePlay Clutch for Mobile: The ChargePlay Clutch for mobile offers a way to secure our mobile device as well as charge the it’s battery. It also serves as a powerbank rated at 3000mAh, letting us charge other devices as well. We simply recharge the Chargeplay Clutch through Qi wireless charging. An LED indicator lets us know the current battery life left.
- HyperX ChargePlay Clutch for Nintendo Switch: It is a charging case for Nintendo Switch that features a 6000mAh battery pack as well as having an LED battery level indicator. The charging case allows itself to detach while connected to the joycons and screen, keeping them secured (as seen on the picture above). Unlike the mobile version, it is charged with a USB Type-C Connector.
HyperX had achieved a milestone of reaching 10 million gaming headsets, one million gaming keyboards, and 65 million memory modules shipped in 2019 (to retailers). According to NPD group’s data for 2019, it has made HyperX the leader in gaming headsets. From creating its first headset in 2014, HyperX has had its success and was able to spread out well into the lifestyle segment with its Cloud MIX line of headsets.