Hitachi Vantara recently announced the launch of their new enterprise-level data storage and management solutions product, the MultiCloud NVMe Flash Array Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) 5000. The event and press briefing was held last December 5, 2019 at the Makati Shangri-La Hotel.
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, provides hardware, software and services to help companies manage their digital data. It unifies the operations of Hitachi Data Systems (storage and management), Pentaho (business intelligence), and Hitachi Insight Group (data analysis).
Along with the Hitachi Ops Center management software and updated Hitachi Storage Virtualization Operating System (SVOS), the VSP 5000 is part of new offerings from Hitachi Vantara for a powerful next-generation storage and infrastructure foundation with a new scale-out, scale-up architecture for any workload at any scale.
THE WORLD’S FASTEST NVMe FLASH STORAGE ARRAY
- Powered by the new Hitachi Accelerated Fabric, the VSP 500 delivers a record-Breaking 21 Million IOPS and scales to a massive 69 Petabytes (PB), and a best-in-class 70µs latency, beating out all competitors.
- No impact Smart Deduplication: the VSP 5000 offers 4:1 effective capacity, guaranteed “sight unseen” with deduplication and compression. This ensures your data is stored as one unique instance, eliminates redundant copies, and reduces data storage overhead.
- All-new design optimized for the NVMe’s massive parallelism, the VSP 5000 series allows an unprecedented level of application performance and availability.
RESILIENT ARCHITECTURE AND POWERFUL MANAGEMENT SUITE
The new scale-out architecture delivers best-in-class performance and resiliency, with the following benefits:
- Average of 40% reduction in total cost of ownership (TCO)
- Best in class performance and resiliency, and 99.999999% availability
- Up to 90% faster provisioning, so you can have your storage up in almost no time at all
- Up to 60% more efficient data storage
Hitachi OPS CENTER: A management suite enhanced by Artificial Intelligence / Management Learning (AI/ML) that accelerates automation and improves IT operational efficiencies, resulting in up to 70% reduction in data storage management tasks and a 30-to-8 reduction in manual steps involved. The Hitachi OPS CENTER has the following components:
- ADMINISTRATOR – Simplify management to easily align storage resources to your business needs.
- ANALYZER – Gain new insights to improve services levels, resource planning and troubleshooting on the full data path.
- AUTOMATOR – Orchestrate data center resource provisioning to speed up delivery and reduce risks.
- DATA INSTANCE DIRECTOR – Automate the management of your enterprise copy data to ensure your data is protected.
VIRTUALIZATION, ADAPTABILITY AND BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY
The Hitachi Storage Virtualization Operation System RF (SVOS RF) for VSP Storage is built on legendary Hitachi resilience and performance, and optimized for NVMe. It features simplified management and guarantees 100% data availability, comprehensive security and 24/7 application availability. It is the industry’s most resilient flash-optimized OS.
The VSP 5000 lays the foundation for modern enterprise infrastructure by offering workload diversity from container to mainframe and flexible scale ensuring just the right capacity and service levels for clients’ needs.
Backwards compatibility is also supported as it can mix NVMe and SAS with no issues, ensuring an optimized workload cost and performance. Powerful virtualization built in to the system also means legacy systems can be interfaced with it seemlessly, thereby extending the lifetime of what would otherwise be outdated equipment.
The VSP 5000 is also built with growth in mind, able to scale from 2 to 6 nodes, and scale from 3.8TB up to 69PB – a capacity previously unheard of at enterprise level solutions, until now. It also future-ready, featuring fast and easy upgrade to SCM and NVMe over Fabrics (NVMe-oF).
ALL-IN-ONE SOLUTION, THE SILVER BULLET FOR EVER-GROWING DATA STORAGE NEEDS
As of press time, there are no other company that offers an all-in-one solution for data storage, management, security that promises resilience, uptime and availability at the same level as Hitachi Vantara guarantees. This is a big game-changer for big companies that want value for cost in their enterprise-level storage system, and may well revolutionize the field in the years to come.
To find out more about the VSP 5000 and other Hitachi Vantara products, as well as compatible business intelligence and data analysis software, check out their line of products at the Hitachi Vantara website.